apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject APR nmake makefiles
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:07:00 GMT
Hi,

Here is a small contribution to the APR that enables
one to use the Platform SDK to build the APR.

The invocation is quite simple:
nmake -f NMAKEmakefile DLL=1 DEBUG=1

Will build the DLL library version of APR.
Depending on the CPU it will be build inside:
WINNT_I386_DLL_DEBUG
or..
WINNT_AMD64_DLL_DEBUG

I know it's different from standard Debug/Lib directories,
but it gives more options and different CPU/ARCH targets
without the need to kill yourself with backups and
launching 'msdev /usenenv' all the time :).

One other option is to use the TARGETOS
nmake -f NMAKEmakefile DLL=1 DEBUG=1 TARGETOS=WIN9X
will build the
WIN9X_I386_DLL_DEBUG target.

Is this make sense?
I don't wish to commit anything useless.
If It does, I plan to do the same for apr-util and iconv.

Regards,
Mladen.