apr-dev mailing list archives

From Markus Trenkwalder <m...@paradigma.net>
Subject apr libtool
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 09:51:10 GMT
Hi,

   I'm using apr-0.9.6 on a gentoo box. When I try to compile
apr-util-0.9.6 the build process hangs due to problems in
/usr/share/apr-0/build/libtool. I found out that the source of this
problem is, that libtool tries to make a hard link into the current
directory (line 1172 in /usr/share/apr-0/build/libtool). But on my linux
box /usr and /var ar on different filesystems, so ln fails to create the
hard link By changing "ln" to "${LN_S}" everthing works perfect.

Is it neccessary, that the lock file is a hard or was it not intended to
be one and this is a bug?

Markus
--
:wq