apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: apr libtool
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 12:48:57 GMT
On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 11:51:10AM +0200, Markus Trenkwalder wrote:
>   I'm using apr-0.9.6 on a gentoo box. When I try to compile
> apr-util-0.9.6 the build process hangs due to problems in
> /usr/share/apr-0/build/libtool. I found out that the source of this
> problem is, that libtool tries to make a hard link into the current
> directory (line 1172 in /usr/share/apr-0/build/libtool). But on my linux
> box /usr and /var ar on different filesystems, so ln fails to create the
> hard link By changing "ln" to "${LN_S}" everthing works perfect.

What version of libtool was this APR installed with?

The libtool used in the 0.9.6 tarball, should, as far as I can tell,
only require use of "ln" for locking on systems with compilers which
don't support use of both -c and -o flags.  Which should not include any
version of gcc, so I don't understand why you'd be seeing this issue.

I suggest you report this problem to Gentoo, it may be a problem in the
way APR is packaged.

joe