apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Move apr_xlate from apr-util to apr-iconv?
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 10:59:18 GMT
On 5/30/05, Mladen Turk <mturk@apache.org> wrote:
> Can we move the entire apr_xlate API from apr-utils to
> the apr-iconv?

no; apr_xlate works just fine without apr-iconv (when system provides
a suitable iconv)

> Reason for that is quite simple:
> You can have apr-util independent from apr-iconv.

if a system has no suitable iconv and you don't want to drag apr-iconv
around with apr, maybe there should be a configure option to disable
the API; on Windows, you do something like set APR_HAS_XLATE to zero
in apu.hw (???) and apr_xlate is disabled, and thus the dependency for
apr-iconv has vanished