apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Wesley W. Garland" <wes.garl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: advice on use of APR_STATUS_IS_*
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 01:38:13 GMT
Aside from stylistic consistency, I can't see a compelling reason for
using the APR_STATUS_IS_* macro group -- and I think a viable case
could be made for avoiding them entirely for a fresh codebase. (For
example, I have 49,773 lines of apr-centric application code here...
and zero lines where APR_STATUS_IS_* appears).

If I was working on PERL APR:: bindings, I would choose whatever is
the best expression for the language. Not knowing PERL, I can't really
comment there.

For what it's worth, I feel fairly strong about using two types of return calls:

1. check against != APR_SUCCESS
2. check using switch() with a default: case

...and I really hate unnecessary macros.

But this is more of a religious discussion than an APR discussion, so
I won't expound further. :)

Wes

--
Wesley W. Garland