apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Collins-Sussman <suss...@collab.net>
Subject Re: confusion about largefile support
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 16:49:20 GMT

On May 31, 2005, at 11:45 AM, Greg Hudson wrote:
> However, we most definitely do need to seek around in FSFS rev files,
> which are the most common thing to go above 2GB.  APR_LARGEFILE won't
> help us for that case.

Okay, so then there really is a risk here for very large
repositories, particularly ones using FSFS.

Should we start recommending that such projects upgrade to APR 1.X
(and httpd 2.1, if they're depending on mod_dav_svn?)  Should we
write a FAQ about it?

Funny, KDE is using fsfs, and I would have expected them to run into
a >2GB revision file.

View raw message