apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Does a PalmOS port of APR exist?
Date Fri, 20 May 2005 23:24:10 GMT
At 06:14 PM 5/20/2005, David Christie wrote:
>Does anyone know of anyone using APR on the Palm platform?
>
>Since Palm provides GCC-based development tools I assume this would be possible, if a
port to (one or more) of Palm's OS API sets existed. Has anyone tried to do this?

>I have an APR-based application I'd like to try porting to Palm. (I'm not looking to run
HTTPD on Palm.)

>I could just start porting (the parts of APR that I use), but I don't want to reinvent
the wheel.

>The apache.org website describes the Linux and Windows ports, but is there some place
where ports to other platforms are indexed/discussed? Or maybe there aren't any, yet?

We entertained the notion of WinCE and crippled a bunch of
features (APR_ENOTIMPL) to accommodate.  Your patches for
PalmOS would be most welcome :)

[Especially since I'm running with a Treo phone these days :-]

Bill