apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: LP64/P64 model API issue #2
Date Fri, 20 May 2005 20:45:13 GMT
At 11:32 AM 5/20/2005, Branko Čibej wrote:
So? That's just how things are done on Win64. It says nothing about (L)P64 architectures in
general. Or any other 64-bit architecture for that matter, because size_t is allowed to be
smaller than int.

size_t and ptrdiff_t and ssize_t must all map to the domain
of void*, such that all of memory (and nothing more than the
domain of memory) can be referenced (considering wrap-around
etc etc).  They may be smaller than int only on a I128P64
system.  On an I[L]P64 system, they both are defined 64 bits.
On an [L]P64 system, int is smaller than size_t, generally
assumed as 32 bits.

Enough mental gymnastics, do we want (size_t) members of
apr_table nelts values, or are we happy to have them int?

Bill