apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Modifying Win32 default optimizations?
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 17:31:11 GMT
[I'm answering specifically to apr@ - so that there isn't so much
noise on so many lists :)]

At 12:19 PM 5/12/2005, you wrote:

>On the specify compiler version used in builds, I think APR should
>compile and pass tests on VC6, 7, 7.1 and 8.  I've submitted patches
>that also get it compiling and somewhat functioning on Borland C++
>5.6 and MinGW.  I don't think that APR should dictate a specific
>compiler that should be used by the people who bundle APR in their
>application and APR doesn't appear to provide their own binary
>distribution.

+1, we are on the same page.  I would be irritated by a product
which installed a non-ASF, incompatible binary into /win/system32
for libapr.dll, but effectively you are right, however they like
to build/distribute, apr libs in their local tree should simply
work no matter which compiler.  Even VC5 is fine to this purpose.