apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Collins-Sussman <suss...@collab.net>
Subject Re: confusion about largefile support
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 21:37:41 GMT

On May 31, 2005, at 11:49 AM, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:

> Funny, KDE is using fsfs, and I would have expected them to run
> into a >2GB revision file.

Well, whattya know.  Now Timothee Besset (ttimo) in IRC has just
reported the same "File size limit exceeded" error that we saw on
users@ earlier today.  In both cases, the users were loading a
dumpfile into an fsfs repository.  And ttimo verified my fear.
There's a >2GB file being assembled in db/txns/.

So, um, maybe we should write a FAQ?  One which tells folks that the
only workaround here is to recompile subversion against apr 1.x?
(And to upgrade to httpd 2.1 if necessary.)