apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Move apr_xlate from apr-util to apr-iconv?
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 11:22:44 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:

 >> Can we move the entire apr_xlate API from apr-utils to
 >> the apr-iconv?
 >

 > no; apr_xlate works just fine without apr-iconv (when system provides
 > a suitable iconv)

It does not.
On some platforms (WIN32) you can not build apr-util without apr-iconv.
At least this is a default behavior.

Of course the other option is to disable apr_xlate by default if
either iconv or apr-iconv is not found. So I wonder what is the purpose
of apr_xlate API in the apr-util at the first place if it can be
compiled out entirely.

 From my point of view, right now, the apr-util has dependency on
apr-iconv, and thus is not an stand-alone library.

Regards,
Mladen.