apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: apr_dbd transactions
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 21:37:56 GMT
Garrett Rooney wrote:

> Yes, but unless the user had access to the transaction objects they
> wouldn't have any way to say "roll back the second to last transaction",
> they'd be limited to interacting with the most recent one.  That's why
> it would have to be in the API.

Hmmm, fair enough.  My usage isn't that advanced:-)

>	  That said, I suspect it just doesn't
> matter all that much, and that like you and Paul already said anyone who
> cares about such things can just do it via SQL directly, since it seems
> rather database specific anyway.

Yes, I think we're all agreed on that.

I'll try and find time to make the proposed change between now and the
end of the week.

One of these days, we'll get around to rolling an apr-util release
incorporating apr_dbd.  And I'm going to try and grab someone from
MySQL re: the licensing issue at ApacheCon if nothing has happened
by then:-)

--
Nick Kew