apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r178386 - /apr/apr/trunk/build/apr_hints.m4
Date Wed, 25 May 2005 21:36:11 GMT
On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 11:49:25AM -0700, Wilfredo Sánchez Vega wrote:
>   I just fixed APR to retry on EAGAIN.  We should not disable the
> use of poll() on Darwin.  It's behavior on 10.4 may be unusual, but
> it has not been shown to be broken.

It's right for older versions still in any case; please fix it omit 10.4
if you're really sure that's right, I can't guess a pattern to match the
appropriate versions.  Your change needs backporting to all the
branches, too.

The fact that Al is triggering this behaviour so easily leaves me
entirely unconvinced that this is a happy poll implementation, however.
Is APR now busy-waiting in the poll/send loop for Al, have you checked a
system call trace?  Have you run the APR test suite on it, too?

joe