apr-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: problem compiling apr-util-1.1.2 with suse 9.3 x86-64
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 10:00:53 GMT
On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 11:52:58AM +0200, Tommi Mäkitalo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I see the problem.
>
> As a workaround it might be helpful to change the order. Look first
> at /usr/lib64 and then /usr/lib. 64-bit-systems might have 32-bit-libraries
> in /usr/lib, but 32-bit-systems normally have no 64-bit-libraries
> in /usr/lib64. Another possible workaround would be to add a configure-switch
> for expat. Or just skip the test. "g++ -lexpat something.cpp" works for me.

Changing the order just breaks the check for someone else unfortunately.
It's quite normal to have systems with both 32-bit and 64-bit libraries
installed and the compiler defaults vary e.g. on ppc64 the default is
normally 32-bit binaries.

> Just now I can't build apr on my system.

You can use --with-expat=xml/expat if you don't mind using the bundled
copy of the expat library.

joe