apr-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Hudson <ghud...@MIT.EDU>
Subject Re: confusion about largefile support
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 16:45:23 GMT
On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 11:18 -0500, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:
> In any case:  I'm wondering if we should be passing APR_LARGEFILE to
> all apr_file_io calls.  Is it necessary?  Should we expect problems
> if we don't?

Passing APR_LARGEFILE does not magically change the size of apr_off_t;
it does not gain us the ability to seek around in >2GB files.  It's
essentially a promise to APR that we don't need to seek, so it's okay to
go above the 2GB limit.

However, we most definitely do need to seek around in FSFS rev files,
which are the most common thing to go above 2GB.  APR_LARGEFILE won't
help us for that case.