apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Max Bowsher" <m...@ukf.net>
Subject Re: Building APR-1.1.1 on CYGWIN
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 18:19:39 GMT
Daniel May wrote:
> I am trying to build APR-1.1.1 on CYGWIN but I can not seem to get
> configure to recognize that I have pthreads (or any threading) support:

It is forced to non-threaded mode on Cygwin, because of some suspicions
about potential bugs, but unfortunately, no one documented those suspicions,
so it is hard to evaluate whether they remain relevant.

I *do* know that the last time I attempted to build httpd-worker on Cygwin
(having overridden the non-thread forcing in APR), it misbehaved, failing to
serve most requests.

Max.