apr-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Huelsmann <ehu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Win32: Ruby & APR; build problems for Ruby Subversion SWIG bindings
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2005 09:41:39 GMT
On 4/22/05, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> At 05:23 PM 4/21/2005, Branko Cibej wrote:
> >This, I think, is a classic case of programmers' hubris. We should've defined apr_pid_t
&co. on all platforms, not polluted the namespace with names that APR doesn't own (and
that will clash with any Windows implementation of a POSIX-like API).

> ++1.
>
> My last point about the patch to apr.hw to define FD_SETSIZE
> suffers this exact same hubris.
>
> The quicker we (open source projects, collectively) stop trying
> to enforce the 'one right way' to use posix/win32 etc, the sooner
> these projects will compile (collectively) with one another.

I take that as a signal to go implement apr_pid_t and friends for all
platforms (a patch for thrunk).  Do you have anything you want to
stress before I start the work?

bye,

Erik.