apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: Pool buckets, transient buckets and bucket_setaside
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:40:12 GMT
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, Rici Lake wrote:

> Surely this is equally true of any pool-related resource. For example,
> a file which has been opened and has a pool cleanup registered would
> have exactly the same lifetime as a pool-allocated string.

Hmm... for some reason I thought file buckets morphed themselves upon pool
cleanup, too.  That they don't could be viewed as a bug in file buckets.

As an alternative, we could just add pool cleanups to the other types and
make them all exist only in APR_BUCKET_DEBUG mode and assert(0) if the
cleanup ever actually gets called.

Let's move this discussion to dev@apr.apache.org.

--Cliff