apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Sebastian Morawietz" <cenob...@gmx.net>
Subject Time Resolution in file-stat-Functions
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 09:06:03 GMT
Hi,

I am pretty sure, that this issue was addressed before, unfortunately I
can't find a message-Archive of this ML, nor seems the ezmlm to be able to
answer my requests for old messages, anyway...

I noticed, that the file-stat-functions of APR (apr_stat, apr_file_info_get)
on Unix use the fstat-function, which results in a time-resolution of only
one second for mtime etc. This is by far to low for my application.

Is there any other method to determine the mtime of a file with a higher
resolution, that I did not notice yet, or do I have to get the required
information from an OS-dependent function in an #ifdef-Block?

If so, why is this ( ie. for compatibility reasons ) ?

Greets
Sebastian