apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Win32: Ruby & APR; build problems for Ruby Subversion SWIG bindings
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 22:35:41 GMT
At 05:23 PM 4/21/2005, Branko Čibej wrote:
>This, I think, is a classic case of programmers' hubris. We should've defined apr_pid_t
&co. on all platforms, not polluted the namespace with names that APR doesn't own (and
that will clash with any Windows implementation of a POSIX-like API).

++1.

My last point about the patch to apr.hw to define FD_SETSIZE
suffers this exact same hubris.

The quicker we (open source projects, collectively) stop trying
to enforce the 'one right way' to use posix/win32 etc, the sooner
these projects will compile (collectively) with one another.