apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: apr-iconv 1.0
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2005 15:54:45 GMT
At 03:06 PM 4/6/2005, Curt Arnold wrote:
>The issues that I ran into:
>
>1. apr_iconv dereferences inbytes_left without checking for NULL
>
> From the doc comments from apr_xlate_conv_buffer:
>
>If the final call is made as suggested, apr_iconv will case a null pointer exception.
 GNU iconv does not.

I'll look.  My concern is that this suggested doc change is part
of a gnu libiconv-ism, which would break on FreeBSD.  But I need
to look.

>2. apr_iconv does not have a WCHAR_T encoding.

Isn't wchar_t the preference, from ANSI/C99 headers?

>3. apr_xlate_open(&convset, APR_LOCALE_CHARSET, ...) fails for common code pages (like
1252) on Windows

>This could be an artifact of my hacking.  When this is attempted on my machine, the code
determines the current code page (in my case 1252, Western European) and creates a corresponding
encoding name like Cp1252.  However, the corresponding encoding module is called "windows-1252"
not "Cp1252".

I can look.

Bill