apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r164100 - /apr/apr/trunk/include/apr.hw
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 07:29:57 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> I'd prefer this is backed out.  You won't break anything in your
> app by modifying the environment (e.g. your sources include the
> #define FD_SETSIZE 1024) followed by including APR.

This will not work, because the APR thinks there is only 64
limit for FD_SETSIZE.

> But you are asking APR to do something on Windows that we would
> not do on any other platform.

No I don't ask for anything like that. It's just the way how
APR is compiled and with what options.
You are even doing that in a much extended way by setting
NOUSER, NOMCX, NOIME, etc...

> Sorry that it had not occurred to me that the answer to your
> original question was independent of the apr_poll discussion.
>
> If you have need for changing this for APR's use, our
> include/arch/win32/ internals are the appropriate place.

The problem is that the FD_SETSIZE needs to be defined before
including winsock2.h.

Anyhow I removed the definition from apr.hw to select.c
At the end, you can still have 'ab -c 200' on windows.

Regards,
Mladen.