apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WSAEventSelect anyone?
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2005 18:17:43 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winsock/winsock/wsaeventselect_2.asp
>
> Is another option.  I have not researched if more than one socket
> can be bound to the same event handle.
>
> If so, we would be able to quickly multiply the number of sockets
> we are polling on.

He he, nice try. One event for 1000 sockets.
Not in the microsoft spirit I'm afraid ;)

When you call WSAEnumNetworkEvents afterwards,
it returns SOCKET_ERROR and WSAGetlastError() returns zero.
Seems like Microsoft guys didn't expect someone
will even try to do anything like that, so they didn't figure
out jet what the error should be. Cool :).

Mladen.