apr-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject with-apr and with-apr-util
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 18:04:06 GMT

I took the daring approach and install apr,apr-util,apr-iconv from SVN trunk
in /home/pgollucci/dev/inst/{apr, apr-util,apr-iconv}

Previously, I add installed subversion via pkg_add -r subversion on my
FreeBSD 6-current/i386
box with installed apr and apr-util in /usr/local ..... but the NON
THREADED versions.

Now back to my "developement" I now try to build httpd2 from SVN trunk
and install in /home/pgolluci/dev/inst/httpd2/prefork
My configure line is like
.... ./configure --with-apr=/home/pgollucci/dev/inst/apr/bin/apr-1-config \

despite doing this the apr/apr-util in /usr/local are linked against IN
ADDITION to the ones
in the SVN checkouts which I verified via ldd on. HTTPD still built
amazingly but only when I compile it without threads as the ones in
/usr/local are linked first.  In fact the only way I could get it to use
my SVN apr/apr-util was to put them in srclib.  The other location ../
didn't event work.

Is that intentional ?

Philip M. Gollucci
Senior Developer - Liquidity Services Inc.
Phone:  202.568.6268 (Direct)
E-Mail: pgollucci@liquidation.com
Web:    http://www.liquidation.com

View raw message