apr-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Collision with Subversion when using apr-iconv on Windows
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:44:49 GMT

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Curt Arnold <carnold@apache.org>
> Date: March 14, 2005 12:30:31 PM CST
> To: "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>
> Subject: Re: Collision with Subversion when using apr-iconv on Windows
> On Mar 11, 2005, at 2:48 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>> Any time you have two different builds, things will go wrong.
>> In theory, you either build loadable modules or not.  If not,
>> one would think we would disrepect APR_ICONV_PATH.  Seems
>> not to be the case.
>> I'm unhappy with the number of parallel build flavors in apr
>> util/iconv, and will look at this issue.  Can you give me the
>> build options for the two conflicting flavors?
> The conflicting modules were installed by svn-1.1.3-setup.exe  
> (http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProductDocumentList? 
> folderID=91)
> I build the current APR code base from the Subversion repository using  
> VC6 and the standard command line build instructions and then build  
> testxlate.exe (command line snippets later).  When I attempted to run  
> testxlate with APR_ICONV_PATH set, I would get an crash within  
> _tbl_simple.so.  If not set, then I would get invalid argument  
> messages since I didn't have the iconv modules available.  The  
> behavior was consistent for both debug and release build and shared  
> and static libraries.
> When I attempted running testxlate built with the 0.9.x branch of APR  
> from Subversion, instead of crashing, 5 out of 9 tests passed.  (Both  
> debug and release with static libraries)  That suggests to be that the  
> Subversion iconv shared objects are valid 0.9.x iconv modules (maybe  
> an earlier 0.9.x due to the test failures) and 0.9.x modules are  
> incompatible with 1.0.x modules in general and not due to some build  
> difference.
> I did get a comment from Steve Williams on the  
> dev@subversion.tigris.org mailing list that he believed that  
> TortoiseSVN patched their apr-iconv to avoid using the environment  
> variable.
> Static debug:
> cl test\testxlate.c -Iinclude -I..\apr\include -I..\apr-iconv\include  
> -DWIN32
> LibD\aprutil-1.lib ..\apr-iconv\LibD\apriconv-1.lib  
> ..\apr\LibD\apr-1.lib
> ws2_32.lib advapi32.lib mswsock.lib rpcrt4.lib
> Static release:
> Change LibD to LibR and /MDd to /MD
> Shared debug:
> Change LibD\apr to Debug\libapr and remove -DAPx_DECLARE_STATIC
> Shared release:
> Change LibD\apr to Release\libapr and remove -DAPx_DECLARE_STATIC

View raw message