apr-dev mailing list archives

From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Collision with Subversion when using apr-iconv on Windows
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:37:47 GMT
I'm just getting started using the apr_xlate functions in apr-util.
When starting to test on Windows I immediately get an access violation
and noticed that I was loading _tbl_simple.so from Subversion.  It
appears that Subversion's install set APR_ICONV_PATH resulting in my
inadvertent loading of their apr_iconv libraries which caused an access
violation at line 187 at iconv_module.c.

As far as I can tell, the module loading is trying to directly access a
data structure in a dynamically loaded DLL.  Possibly the layout of the
structure difference between the compiler and settings used by
Subversion and those I was using was causing the access violation.
When I cleared APR_ICONV_PATH, I got my expected result (which was a
failure to find the library).

Should Subversion be setting APR_ICONV_PATH?   Are so's from different
compilers expected to have the same layout?