apr-dev mailing list archives

From Damir Dezeljin <program...@mbss.org>
Subject pollset_poll() on OS400
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:19:04 GMT
Hi.

I'm using apr sockets to establish an STREAM, AF_INET connection between
a client and server. After accepting the connection, I start polling for
incoming data using apr_pollset_poll() - I'm looking for IN, HUP and ERR
events. Nearly all is working fine (as expected) on Linux. However when
compiling the application on OS400, the poll() returns immediately with one
file descriptor signalled, however the rtevents variable is empty (0) -
BTW: apr_pollset_poll() returns APR_SUCCESS. How is this possible?

I'm also wondering why an HUP event isn't signaled uppon the socket is
closed on the client side (the IN event is signalled). Is this normal?

After some testing I found out that creating a new apr_pool for
socket and polling usage partially solves the problem.

BTW: My application is a multi threaded application (using apr_threads). Is
it possible that this is the reason of my problems?

Thanks,
Dezo