apr-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <jwool...@virginia.edu>
Subject Re: APR-Iconv 1.0.2 Released
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:35:47 GMT
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> > he rolled it, I get 1 vote.  Not 3.  This is an absolute violation
> > of our charter and operating guidelines.
> >
> > With that, the counter is at four hours, and I will pull
> > down this apr-iconv tarball unless the vote concludes
> > in favor of this tarball.
>
> I still think this is an over-reaction as no one operated in bad faith
> here. I maintain that any effort would be better placed at fixing the
> problems and rolling a new apr-iconv 1.1.0 that fixes whatever problem you
> seem to think is present today.  That could likely be done in less time
> with less animosity and less emails.  -- justin

For what it's worth, I agree with Justin here.  I think I recall seeing a
-1, but I was under the impression that the -1 was just against apr-util
1.1.1 for the issue that was subsequently fixed in apr-util 1.1.2, hence
the reason why apr-util 1.1.1 was pulled.  Anyway why don't we just move
on, since this is not a regression but a pre-existing bug, and simply
agree to take a bit more time waiting for feedback on future releases.

--Cliff