apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: APR-Iconv 1.0.2 Released
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:29:35 GMT
--On Thursday, March 17, 2005 2:14 PM -0600 "William A. Rowe, Jr."
<wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> What was insufficiently explicit about
> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>> -1 for apr-util / apr-iconv.
>
> which Paul replied to?

I still don't see any message from you on any list that said that.  Did you
happen to vote in private?

> Oh, I'm counting your +1, my -1.  Presuming the RM voted +1 since
> he rolled it, I get 1 vote.  Not 3.  This is an absolute violation
> of our charter and operating guidelines.
>
> With that, the counter is at four hours, and I will pull
> down this apr-iconv tarball unless the vote concludes
> in favor of this tarball.

I still think this is an over-reaction as no one operated in bad faith
here. I maintain that any effort would be better placed at fixing the
problems and rolling a new apr-iconv 1.1.0 that fixes whatever problem you
seem to think is present today.  That could likely be done in less time
with less animosity and less emails.  -- justin