apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: APR-Iconv 1.0.2 Released
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 19:54:42 GMT
--On Thursday, March 17, 2005 1:25 PM -0600 "William A. Rowe, Jr."
<wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> I have done a search against pmc@ and apr@.  Justin 'amended'
> his +1 to include 1.0.2.  Nobody else did so (some explicitly
> did not vote on this item).
>
> I'm explicitly voting -1 against a 1.0.2 release.  Curt's issue
> is explicitly harmful to apr-iconv users.  There is a (rather large)
> breakage that seems has been deliberately ignored by an overeager RM.

Paul explicitly posted a tally yesterday afternoon and you didn't bring
this up then.  Nowhere can I find you saying -1 for apr-iconv, so your -1
is news to me and probably to Paul as well.

Additionally, I maintain that this isn't a regression.  So, my +1 still
stands.  Yes, others could have been more explicit as to what they were
voting for - but I feel Paul followed the process in good faith and should
be afforded a benefit of a doubt and not be accused of deliberately
ignoring breakage.  Accusing him of malicious intent is unfair.  -- justin