apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject [Announce] APR-Iconv 1.0.2 Retracted
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:15:18 GMT
At 11:15 AM 3/17/2005 the APR project inadvertantly announced
that APR-Iconv 1.0.2 was released.

This release of APR-Iconv 1.0.2 has since been retracted.
These files have been removed from the downloads page of
www.apache.org.  APR-Iconv 1.0.1 remains the current, stable
release.  We apologize for this confusion.

The APR project further advises that no application deploy the
apr-iconv 1.0.x library and code page modules except within its
own directory tree, due to a serious conflict with users of the
apr-iconv 0.9.x module.  Any users who define APR_ICONV_PATH will
discover their apr-iconv loadable .so modules from the wrong
version will likely crash theirapplication.

It is the project's intent to fix this problem, likely with the
introduction of the APR_ICONV1_PATH environment variable to
disambiguate any apr-iconv modules from apr-iconv-1 modules.
The project team is also considering methods to internally
identify and reject modules built for the another flavor of
either apr-iconv or apr-iconv-1.

Due to downtime on the ASF servers, it's unlikely that this
release will occur before the week of March 21st.  We thank
you for your patience, and look forward to providing a version
which coexists with existing apr-iconv 0.9 installations.