apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: APR-Iconv 1.0.2 Released
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:51:50 GMT
At 03:12 PM 3/17/2005, Cliff Woolley wrote:

>This is, I think, the real question, and one I was asking myself.  Did we
>at some point decide to release the APR libraries *not* as a group?  Why
>do we have different revisions of all three going out?  Why did apr-iconv
>not go to 1.1.x when apr-* did?

I was totally confused by this a while ago.  I mistakenly
tagged 0.9.6 apr-iconv because the team had tagged 0.9.6 apr
and apr-util.  Of course, there were no code changes between
0.9.5 and 0.9.6, but I too missed this memo.

The bottom line, to the group that choose to start releasing
disjoint apr/-util/-iconv tarballs, is that you can no longer
call a vote on apr and expect it to mean -util and -iconv
anymore.  I don't have an issue with all three on their own
release cycles, but you can't assume that 'apr' means all three
when you were an instrument of uncoupling the three.