apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Collision with Subversion when using apr-iconv on Windows
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:53:50 GMT
At 04:23 PM 3/16/2005, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

>2. deposit apr-iconv 0.9 files into the iconv/ subdirectory
>   in parallel to libaprutil.dll / libapriconv.dll
>
>3. deposit apr-iconv 1.x files into an apriconv.1 subdirectory
>   in parallel to libaprutil-1.dll / libapriconv-1.dll
>
>4. for both apr-iconv 0.9 and 1.x, given an unpathed module
>   file name, grab the absolute path of libapriconv[-1].dll,
>   and append iconv/ or apriconv-1/ to that path.

We can also consider using iconv/ in both cases; however we
will need to well-document the fact that libaprutil/libapriconv
from 0.9 and 1.x cannot be installed to the same path.

With that caviat, 0.9 wasn't so evolved that I expect to discover
users installing it to /windows/system32 or other common locations.
However, I would say that if 1.0 and 2.0 differ, we need to adopt
apriconv.2/ before that release.

Bill