apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Collision with Subversion when using apr-iconv on Windows
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2005 20:48:34 GMT
Any time you have two different builds, things will go wrong.

In theory, you either build loadable modules or not.  If not,
one would think we would disrepect APR_ICONV_PATH.  Seems
not to be the case.

I'm unhappy with the number of parallel build flavors in apr
util/iconv, and will look at this issue.  Can you give me the
build options for the two conflicting flavors?

Bill

At 12:37 PM 3/11/2005, Curt Arnold wrote:
>I'm just getting started using the apr_xlate functions in apr-util.
>When starting to test on Windows I immediately get an access violation and noticed that
I was loading _tbl_simple.so from Subversion.  It appears that Subversion's install set APR_ICONV_PATH
resulting in my inadvertent loading of their apr_iconv libraries which caused an access violation
at line 187 at iconv_module.c.

>As far as I can tell, the module loading is trying to directly access a data structure
in a dynamically loaded DLL.  Possibly the layout of the structure difference between the
compiler and settings used by Subversion and those I was using was causing the access violation.