apr-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: apr-iconv 1.0
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 16:17:18 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

 > This is the original thread we discussed apr-iconv going forward
 > in 1.0.  It seemed at the time our conclusion was that apr-iconv
 > would be an internal implementation, not for consumption by the
 > outside world.

Well, not sure if I already posted this, but anyhow.

I've developed libxlate library about a year ago, so perhaps
it deserves a second look. It can be integrated within apr-iconv,
because it follows the iconv api.
Since this is my code, I'm willing to donate it to ASF if
accepted for apr-iconv.
Unlike Konstantin's implementation, mine follows the gnu iconv
concept with all data tables in a single file (.dll), and has
some features like case folding, transliteration, etc...

The source can be found at:
http://people.apache.org/~mturk/libxlate.zip

Regards,
Mladen.