apr-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Akins <bak...@web.turner.com>
Subject Re: do we still want sendfile enabled with our default conf files?
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:01:27 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> --On Friday, March 18, 2005 5:18 PM +0000 Colm MacCarthaigh
> <colm@stdlib.net> wrote:
>
> One fstatfs call will allow us to detect the FS issues we've seen:
> either blacklist or whitelist fstypes per OS, I don't much care.  And,
> we can check for IPv6 sockets on Linux.

As long as I can say "EnableSendfile On,"  and it tries to use sendfile,
I don't care.  I have a "stange" setup that I tested to ensure that
sendfile works perfectly, so the last thing I want is APR to decide it's
smarter than me and decided to turn it off when I say use it.

BTW, sendfile works fine for us with linux and ipv6.  I tested and
turned off some offloading features of our cards.  If someone doesn't
want to take the time to test, then they probably don't care what APR
does.  As for me, if I say "on" I mean "on."

--
Brian Akins
Lead Systems Engineer