apr-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Why doesn't DBM register Cleanups?
Date Sun, 13 Mar 2005 08:28:13 GMT
So, I have been hacking on adding features to mod_mbox:
http://tsunami.in.force-elite.com/httpd-dev/

I was expecting when my pool was cleared, that my DBM handler could
close, and safely save my changes.  However, after beating my head on it
for far too long, I looked in the DBM source, and found this:

     /* ### register a cleanup to close the DBM? */

     return APR_SUCCESS;

So, no cleanup was being run, and I understood why my code that expected
this behavior was not working.  I added my own cleanups, and my code now
works.  But, does anyone know *why* the DBM functions have never
registered cleanups?  I can't come up with a good reason.

-Paul