apr-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: APR-Iconv 1.0.2 Released
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:36:44 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:

> Tuesday: Tagged, and sent to dev@apr.
> Thursday Night: Took my count of the votes, latter pushed the files to
> the mirrors.
> Friday Morning: Sent out the announcements.

I saw it this morning... Not tomorrow morning :)
Plus, I see the tag less than 45 hours ago...

> I didn't feel I did it in a rush. I don't feel it was an excessively
> fast release cycle.  Sure, it didn't take months, but I don't think APR
> 1.0.0 is the best example of a release cycle.

In general, it's best to err on the side of caution with
any release. Be anal about keeping the PMC informed of
status with Emails like "So far I see 3 votes.... unless I
hear otherwise, I'm planning on releasing on XXX."

Anyway, anyone who has ever been an RM has done something
to tick people off, it comes with the job ;)

    "There 10 types of people: those who read binary and everyone else."