apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <rbl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: QUESTION: apr_poll / pipe / win32
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:53:29 GMT
I am pretty sure that the only thing you can do portably, is to create
a new socket and add that to the pollset.  The socket can be localhost
only, which would mean that it won't be security concern. The problem
is that many platforms don't support polling on non-sockets.

I wish I had a better answer, but I can't think of one off hand.

Ryan

--
Ryan Bloom
rbb@apache.org