apr-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Bloom <rbl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: do we still want sendfile enabled with our default conf files?
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:12:22 GMT
funny, I took the list of exceptions to be so large and hard to
maintain that it made more sense to go with Jeff's original idea of
just disabling sendfile by default unless a user specifically decided
to enable it.  I just had to debug a problem for a friend with
sendfile on Linux.  I don't know what caused the problem, but
disabling sendfile solved it immediately.  Seems to me that until our
sendfile support is better, we should err on the side of always
sending the data correctly instead of absolutely as fast as possible.

I would much rather have APR default to not using the native sendfile,
and only enable native sendfile when we have a lot of evidence that it
does work correctly.

Ryan

--
Ryan Bloom