apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nathanael Noblet <nathan...@gnat.ca>
Subject Re: QUESTION: apr_poll / pipe / win32
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:54:08 GMT

On Mar 24, 2005, at 8:45 AM, C K Tan wrote:

> Hi, In APR 1.1.0, I am using the apr_poll function to wait (blocking)
> on a bunch of sockets in thread A. At some point, thread B needs to
> make thread A exit the apr_poll function even though none of the
> sockets in the pollset is signaled. What's the best way to do it?

Though not my expertise at all, it seems that if A is waiting for info
on a number of sockets, why not have B open a socket, after the
designated amount of time write to the socket, A tests and realizes it
is the information from B and nothing arrived? Or is there not a
timeout function on the poll?

--
Nathanael D. Noblet
Gnat Solutions