apr-dev mailing list archives

From C K Tan <ck...@nxscientific.com>
Subject QUESTION: apr_poll / pipe / win32
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:45:31 GMT
Hi, In APR 1.1.0, I am using the apr_poll function to wait (blocking)
on a bunch of sockets in thread A. At some point, thread B needs to
make thread A exit the apr_poll function even though none of the
sockets in the pollset is signaled. What's the best way to do it?

I tried adding a pipe to the pollset in A, and have B send a byte to
make it readable. This works well on unix, but does not work in
windows. It seems that waiting on pipe is not implemented for windows.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-cktan