apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r151766 - apr/apr/trunk/include/apr_general.h apr/apr/trunk/include/apr_release.h apr/apr/trunk/include/apr_version.h
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 02:01:53 GMT
At 05:30 PM 2/7/2005, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

>+1.  This approach is infinitely better than adding new files.  -- justin

If the APR_VERSION_ONLY works to exclude the C code (as
opposed to the C preprocessor code) as I've now committed...
I'd apply exactly the same fix on libapr-util and libapr-iconv.

The advantage over RC_INVOKED (an MS-ism) is that our own
pre-config scrips can run apr_version.h through the
c preprocessor even before apr.h exists, by simply passing
-DAPR_VERSION_ONLY.  Nothing platform specific.

Let me know if this works for everyone and I'll proceed.

Bill