apr-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r151766 - apr/apr/trunk/include/apr_general.h apr/apr/trunk/include/apr_release.h apr/apr/trunk/include/apr_version.h
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2005 23:32:56 GMT
At 05:20 PM 2/7/2005, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

>autoconf uses apr_version.h to determine what version of APR we are using at build-time.

IIUC, autoconf is doing some complex grep extraction of the
tokens, no?

IIUC, changing to a c-preprocessor only flavor will buy us
the ability to actually run this through the autoconf c code
processing even -before- we've generated apr.h, no?

>So, I'd recommend reverting and adding the required MSVC-ism.  -- justin

The alternative I see, is to add an external -DAPR_VERSION_ONLY
which would toggle -off- the apr.h include, cplusplus cruft,
and our apr_version() structures and function declaration.

Would that be more legible?

Bill