apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r154402 - in apr/apr-util/trunk: build.conf build/dbd.m4 configure.in include/apu.h.in
Date Sat, 19 Feb 2005 19:01:24 GMT
Paul Querna wrote:
> Garrett Rooney wrote:
>
>> pquerna@apache.org wrote:
>>
>>> Author: pquerna
>>> Date: Sat Feb 19 02:12:41 2005
>>> New Revision: 154402

>>> Log:
>>> Hook the PostgreSQL DBD driver into autoconf.
>>> The current code will not autodetect Postgres on all systems.
>>

>> Doesn't the DBD code expect the postgres dbd module to be built as a
>> shared library and then loaded dynamically, rather than just linking
>> it in to libaprutil?  It seems like there needs to be some Makefile.in
>> magic to make that happen...
>

> It can be staticly linked, or dynamically loaded. Either works fine, afaik.

As designed, it is loaded dynamically if APR_HAS_DSO, statically if not.

ISTR we still have unfinished business re: mysql licensing.  We haven't
heard anything from them, unless I've missed it.  I'll have to check
it against the current svn and keep it up-to-date until I have my own
SVN open (which is getting delayed now by an enforced house move:-( ).

--
Nick Kew