apr-dev mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@xbc.nu>
Subject Re: svn commit: r151788 - in apr/apr/trunk: include/apr_release.h include/apr_version.h libapr.dsp libapr.rc
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 14:48:57 GMT
wrowe@apache.org wrote:

>Author: wrowe
>Date: Mon Feb  7 15:40:06 2005
>New Revision: 151788

>Log:
>
>  Since reaction is negative to a seperate apr_release.h file for
>  the CPP-only grammer, acknowledge APR_VERSION_ONLY in order to
>  compile to apr_version.h without including apr.h, nor declaring
>  the APR C runtime version API.

I think you're far too paranoid. You don't need this kind of #ifdefing
at all. Thre resource compiler will happily ignore the other cruft.
Witness the fact that we use a similar construct in Subversion, i.e.,
svn.rc includes svn_version.h, and that includes apr_general.h, defines
some types and declares some functions. We don't use the sort of
#ifdefing you put in here, yet the resource compiler happily digests the
file and creates the version resource.

-- Brane