apr-dev mailing list archives

From Garrett Rooney <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject apr_dbd transactions API
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 00:46:43 GMT
I'm wondering if the way transactions fit into the current API makes
sense...  Currently we've got a transaction argument that gets passed
into each function that calls into the database.  In the postgres impl
all it seems to do is store an error value, which is used to bail out in
the case where an error has already occurred.  Is it really necessary to
make this separate?  Why not just include the transaction as part of the
dbd object itself, so it doesn't have to be passed into each and every
function?  Are we trying to support multiple nested transactions or
something?  Is that really worthwhile?  Even if it is, it could be
handled inside the dbd instead of outside it with a simple stack...

-garrett