apr-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r151766 - apr/apr/trunk/include/apr_general.h apr/apr/trunk/include/apr_release.h apr/apr/trunk/include/apr_version.h
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 04:35:08 GMT
On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 08:01:53PM -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> At 05:30 PM 2/7/2005, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>
> >+1.  This approach is infinitely better than adding new files.  -- justin
>
> If the APR_VERSION_ONLY works to exclude the C code (as
> opposed to the C preprocessor code) as I've now committed...
> I'd apply exactly the same fix on libapr-util and libapr-iconv.
>
> The advantage over RC_INVOKED (an MS-ism) is that our own
> pre-config scrips can run apr_version.h through the
> c preprocessor even before apr.h exists, by simply passing
> -DAPR_VERSION_ONLY.  Nothing platform specific.

At the time we parse apr_version.h in autoconf via get-version.sh, we don't
yet have cpp available.  So, it's of dubious value for Unix.  I'd think it's
probably best to go with the RC_INVOKED #define so that we don't have to
define anything special in libapr.rc.  But, I don't care much one way or the
other here what we call the #define...  -- justin