apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Licensing for apr_dbd and MySQL
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2005 00:45:45 GMT
On Saturday 05 February 2005 21:15, David Reid wrote:

> They do seem, as an organisation, to be quite well aware that
> restricting their "reach" by licensing isn't helpful and therefore seem
> qilling to talk about exceptions and different clauses, so maybe such a
> clause can be crafted for APR. Without a dialogue we won't know.

I'm not convinced we need or want such a clause - unless you're
definitely unhappy with keeping my proposed solution longer-term.
Bear in mind that opensource distributors can and will have no trouble
bundling the components and generating a combined platform - and that's
what most non-techie end-users will see.

> Before we weigh in with legal people I'd suggest we try and find a low
> key route to such a discussion and kick it off directly, maybe cc'ing
> legal.

I've already drawn their attention to this thread, using their contact form
(and selecting the  "Licensing Questions" option from the menu).
I imagine someone will see it on or about Monday.

> does anyone here know any of the mysql development team who could help?

If so, point them to this discussuion!

--
Nick Kew