apr-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: apr_dbd transactions API
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2005 15:47:27 GMT
On Thursday 03 February 2005 00:46, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> I'm wondering if the way transactions fit into the current API makes
> sense...  Currently we've got a transaction argument that gets passed
> into each function that calls into the database.  In the postgres impl
> all it seems to do is store an error value, which is used to bail out in
> the case where an error has already occurred.

It's essentially the same in the MySQL driver.  It would certainly be possible
to leave it to implementations to store the transaction in the dbd object.
In fact you're probably right: the transaction API has already changed once
awkward - no doubt because I made the most obvious change rather than
the best.

--
Nick Kew